Direct Admission/ER Admission
Step 1: Secure Physician Admitting Orders Sheet/Doctor’s Order (PAOS) or Admission Notice Slip from Emergency Department.
Step 2: Gather data and secure consent for admission.
Step 3: Verifies accomplished forms for completeness and accuracy of data.
Step 4: Confirm room preference and coordinate with nursing station.
Step 5: Encode patient data and general admission.
Step 6: Provide information and explains hospital guidelines in admission.
Step 7: Issues Patient’s Right and Responsibilities handout, admission kit and Patient wristband.
Step 8: Assist patient to room of choice.
- Children 7 years old and below are not allowed inside the Hospital/Rooms and including ICU waiting area to avoid the risk of acquiring illness/disease, unless they are scheduled for medical check-up. If they insist to bring the child to the patient’s room, one relative should sign a Waiver of Consent.
- Bringing of own foam, mattress and folding beds are not allowed.
- Garbage Disposal
- Black-= (DRY) Non-Infectious (Paper, Plastic, Bag/Cup, Styro, Tetra, Straw etc.)
- Green= (WET) Non-Infectious (Food, Fruits, Flowers etc.)
- Yellow-= (WET) Infectious (Cotton, Tissue, Sanitary Napkin etc.)
Private Patient’s Room (7:00AM – 10:00PM)
ICU (9:00AM – 11:00AM & 5:00PM – 7:00PM)
- One/two watchers are allowed to stay for night with patients in Private Room.
- Only one watcher allowed to stay for the night, in the Ward and Semi-Private Room.
Patients and their companion/s will be directed to the Department of Emergency Medicine (DEM) located at G/F Main Building for thorough medical evaluation. Upon the request of a DEM admitting physician, they will be instructed to proceed to the Admitting Office to coordinate the process of admission in detail.
For scheduled admission, patients and their companion/s are directed to the Admitting Section located at 2/F Main Building.
Before admission, our admitting staff will be requesting for the following:
- Doctor’s Order for Admission indicating directives of personal physician regarding the patient’s case
- Valid Identification Card with photo
- Accredited HMO-issued member’s ID
- Digitized SSS ID
- Driver’s License
- GSIS ID
- Healthcare insurance card or document
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines ID
- Persons with Disability ID
- PhilHealth ID
- PRC ID
- Senior Citizen ID
- Unified Multi-Purpose ID
- HMO or Insurance Card
- Letter of Guarantee or Letter of Authorization (LOA) from company or HMO Coordinator
Patient Data Sheet
Patients and/or their companion/s will be asked to accomplish the Patient Data Sheet containing pertinent patient medical information. Patients must provide complete and truthful information about their health as these will be used as basis for medical assessment and treatment.
All patients are given identification tags indicating full name, date of birth, patient identification number, and the name of the attending physician. The identification tag must be worn throughout the duration of hospital stay.
An initial deposit may be required before admission at Manila Doctors Hospital. For non-emergency cases, an initial payment/admission fee is required according to the prescribed schedule of fees.
Company or HMO-sponsored accounts may no longer be required to pay the deposit depending on what is indicated in the Letter of Guarantee or Letter of Authorization (LOA) presented. To contact an admission representative, call (02) 558 0888 locals 3410, 3411 and 3412.